The Annual Heads & Board Chairs Conference
Each year, the Heads of School and Board Chairs of CAIS member schools gather for the Annual Conference. The Conference is hosted by a different school or group of schools every year.
The Conference includes workshops for new Heads and new Chairs, notable Guest Speakers, separate sessions for Heads and Chairs, and the CAIS Annual General Meeting. Several other presentations and workshops take place, varying each year, based on significant Canadian issues and/or on independent school management.
The Heads and Chairs Conference offers an excellent opportunity for the most influential people in the Canadian independent school system to gather in one place to learn and share with colleagues.
The National Conference provides Heads and Chairs with the opportunity to:
- Listen to visionary speakers about significant issues focused on the selected conference theme
- Listen to speakers about educational issues, as well as national and international trends
- Engage in discussions around the theme and/or school improvement
- Attend the Annual General Meeting
- Be inspired and re-energized
- Enjoy a new area of Canada
- Spend time with Heads and Chairs all together; Heads and Chairs in separate groups; and individual school Heads and Chairs
- Network with colleagues from across the country
CAIS' professional development program is national, based on current and global effective practice and prepares, and connects and supports leaders in independent schools; ultimately, it has a demonstrable impact on educational excellence, leadership development and continuous school improvement.
An important benefit of membership in our national organization is participation in the annual conference.
If a Head is not able to attend, the Executive Director must be contacted prior to the conference. If a Head is not able to attend two consecutive years, the Board will review his/her school’s membership status.
Who should attend?
- All Heads of School, Board Chairs and their spouses/partners that are members of CAIS*;
- Heads of Schools and Board Chairs that are interested in becoming members of CAIS are invited to attend one conference;
- Executive Directors from aligned associations are invited by the CAIS Executive Director;
- Corporate sponsors and exhibitors that are strategically aligned with CAIS` vision and mission are invited to certain sections.
*Note: A Head may send a designate in his/her place only when the Head is on-leave and the designate is Acting/Interim Head of School. Permission from the Executive Director is required.