Navigating Health, Safety and Security Abroad;
and Travel Health and Medical Strategy for Education Abroad.
Lodestone Safety International
Lodestone Safety International and Appleby College are very pleased to announce a 2-day workshop Friday and Saturday, January 20 & 21, 2012. The two consecutive one-day workshops are: Navigating Health, Safety and Security Abroad, and Travel Health and Medical Strategy for Education Abroad. We invite you to consider this unique opportunity to participate in a valuable, hands-on and engaging training.
Navigating Health, Safety and Security Abroad
What do you need to know and what do you need to be able to do? This workshop will inform your critical thinking for prevention of and response to health, safety and security incidents. Topics to include:
- The evidence based hazard landscape
- The Safety Matrix™ – strategies to fit your program
- Information acquisition/management – faster, smarter, cheaper
- Emergency response and crisis management
- Student facilitation and behavior management
The syllabus and readings for this program will be Lodestone’s Navigating Health, Safety & Security Abroad
Travel Health and Medical Strategy for Education Abroad
According to the Forum’s incident data, illness is the most frequent incident on education abroad programs. Are you prepared to manage any medical situation that arises? This workshop will enable you to make better decisions for prevention and response. Topics to include:
- Epidemiology, mortality and morbidity
- The immune system, vaccines and chemoprophylaxis
- Disease pathways and prevention practices
- Environmental hazards and best practices
- Medical care abroad and medical facility assessment
- Allergies and the management of other pre-existing conditions
- An approach to illness: serious, not serious, I don’t know
- Telemedicine, advanced medical kits and travel support services
The content reading for this workshop will be from the 2012 CDC Health Information for International Travel (the Yellow Book)
Content readings for both workshops will be mailed to participants prior to the program so that we can optimize our time applying participant experience and conceptual content to interactive problem solving with incidents, case studies and tabletop exercises.
Cost and Registration
Cost: US$300 per day or US$550 for both days
To register, please call Lodestone Safety International at 978-740-1009. Payment may be by cheque or credit card. For more information about Lodestone and the workshops, please visit the Lodestone website: www.lodestonesafety.com or feel free to email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If Lodestone needs to cancel a workshop, paid participants will receive a full refund*
- If a participant withdraws from the workshop (s) up to two weeks prior to the workshop = full refund LESS $50
- If a participant withdraws from the workshop(s) less than two weeks prior to the workshop = no refund
*Lodestone reserves the right to cancel the workshop in the event of insufficient enrollment (fewer than 10 participants) or for circumstances out of our control (weather-related travel delays, staff illness, etc.).